Object Solutions Website
The Object Solutions website was first launched in 1999. By 2005, several factors indicated that a significant redesign was needed.
• The site has seen a growth in content (from 4-6 pages to over one hundred)
• The new logo and visual identity of the company has to be incorporated in the website design
• Some material was no longer relevant and needed to be retired or demoted
• The has to incorporate facilities for online support for customers as well as online distrbution of documents and files
• Because plain HTML was used, many pages had to be updated whenever a new page was added. This was laborious and error-prone
• To reach a wider audience, the site has to be bilingual
• Important information about the company and products were 'buried' deep down
In the analysis stage, we gained a good understanding of:
• Business requirements
• User needs
• Constraints (such as platform, budget and time)
• Website Content
Structure, Navigation and interface – Design & Testing
Once sufficient analysis and information gathering was conducted, we moved on to the design phase. The concepts were tested and evaluated against the design goals. A working prototype of the shortlisted concept was created and we conducted usability tests. Certain issues that were revealed during the tests were corrected.
The end result is a unique site that is highly informative, extremely versatile, easy to navigate and provides a highly engaging user experience.
About Object Solutions
Object Solutions Software AG, headquartered in Zurich –Switzerland, is the leading vendor of innovative solutions for the recipe-based manufacturing industry. Our state-of-the-art and user-friendly solutions have been jointly developed with our customers to utilize the special and complex aspects of product development in global competition for attractive products. The Object application suite automates product development, commercialization and constant quality control, reducing the time and resources required to take a product from idea through product launch while providing a framework for collaboration.